Located just 5 minutes from downtown Victoria's inner harbor, GV has the proud distinction of being one of the best golf clubs on Vancouver Island. Our mature, traditional course with 143 acres of park-like setting, undulating fairways and rock outcroppings make you forget you are in a PRIME LOCATION in the middle of British Columbia's capital city.
We are a village in the city. Our members are from every walk of life ....all connected by both the competitive and social aspects of golf. We've naturally become a WELCOMING COMMUNITY
Our golf course will entice the most accomplished golfers, yet with five sets of tees from 4,400 to 6800 yards, GV's AWESOME GOLF can be both challenging and fun.
We have a PROUD TRADITION. GV is a heritage course, designed by AV Macan in 1927 to showcase West Coast golf as it was meant to be....a walk in a secluded park filled with undulating fairways, rock outcroppings, and trees which are centuries old. We've built on our classic links design with modern greens and water features.
With five sets of tees ranging from 4,400 to 6800 yards, GV can be both challenging and fun! That's awesome golf!
- For golfers of all handicap levels, GV plays differently every day. We have a high number of very accomplished players and at the same time, more than half of us are bogey golfers or higher, (or don't bother to keep handicaps at all).
- "It is in designing courses that are fine test and at the same time are full of character and originality, to say nothing of possessing the qualities that make them breed fun and enjoyment, that the art of modern course architecture reaches its highest point." A.V Macan - GV course architect.
- We are a 'golfers' golf course which attracts members of all skills levels who want to improve their game. To support them we have more than 6 acres of practice areas and a first-rate teaching staff.
- Each hole is truly unique. The renowned designer of our heritage course had high expectations for GV. "...in the ground possesed by the Gorge Vale Golf Club there exists the possibility of a really magnificent course that should rank second to none in the Northwest." A.V Macan - GV course architect.
- GV's elevation changes provides one of the most scenic golf course walks in Victoria. It's 'gorge'ous! And if the walk gets challenging, golf carts are available.
- At GV, golf is friendly fast and fun. A ballot system ensures that you get the tee times you want. You can join groups throughout the week and weekend which provide introduction to members through random pairings. We take pride in our pace of play with four hours for 18 holes and 2 hours for 9 holes. Green fee and outside tournament play is strictly limited.